Monday, September 5, 2011

My Weekend in Bol plus first day

Alright, So I havent updated you guys since Wednesday.
Thursday morning, Igor came to pick me up. He drove me, the american exchange student Katie, and the other Canadian Aidan to Zagred (about an hour)
Once we arrived in Zagreb, we got on a bus and met all of the other exchange students. Kenice, Morgan, Kate, Ian, Celine, Ryssa, Lauren, Margot, and Nicole. We drove for five hous on a bus where we finally arrived in Split, on the coast of the Adriatic. We stopped in Split and had a nice little lunch at a small seafood restaurant.
We then took the Ferry to Bol, where we learned a small song to sing to the Governer we would be meeting upon arrival. We got to the island of Brač (town of Bol) and sang the song (In a group of people, to my chagrin!)
We were then given time to change into our bathingsuits, and around 5, we all went swimming for a few hours.
The next day, friday, we all went to the beach, where we stayed all day swimming and eating a wonderful lunch at the hotel. That night we wee invited to a Gala, and we got all dressed up. The Gala was at a small restaurant on the beach, with beautiful lights and wonderful food. We met many Rotarians, as the Gala was for a Rotary Tennis tournament. Afterwords, the rotarians went to their hotel, and the exchange students went to a small cafe/bar and ahad coffee for our last night at the coast.
The next morning, we had to be down to the ferry by six am! I could barely move I was so tired. The bus took us home, and during the bus ride we had to sing a song from our country.
The next day, once I had returned home, I took a walk around Varaždin to find my way around.
This morning I woke up early for my first day of school.
 At 730, Lidija drove me to the school and I met my class. The first day of school here, You only have to go for an hour or two, so after some of my classmates took the other exchange students and I around Varaždin. I got to see the skatepark, the cemetary, and other cool sights.

Sorry this entry wasnt as long, but I needed to write quickly so I could help Lidija with dinner.
Have a good day
Meghan










No comments:

Post a Comment