Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Culture Shock

Thinking about the culture shock end of things, Im hoping that I have a head start. Right now at this moment, I'm taking part in a three month student exchange to Montreal for my french. Though its only three months, and even though the culture shock isn't be as big, I sincerly hope that my ability to cope will have been tested enough here to prepare me for Croatia.

Speaking of culture shock, do any of the other outbounds feel it right now? Everytime Rotary sets up weekends or days for us, I become so completely immersed in them and in my new friends that coming home is its own form of culture shock. I really feel like I should still be in Red Deer with everyone right now, and not halfway across the country typing my blog in a school in Montreal. (Dont worry! Im not slacking off in class, this is during my computer break!)

So if any of the people I met at the red deer weekend, outbounds, inbounds and rotexs included, are reading this, know that I had so much fun this weekend and it was because of you!

xoxo
Meghan

P.S: I'm currently planning out a job hunting spree upon my return to Alberta, writing down where to send resumes, etc. I'll keep you posted on that!

1 comment:

  1. I've been feeling a bit of the culture shock you're talking about this week, and I'm supposed to be an old pro at this!

    Tannis

    ReplyDelete